The classification of holiday apartments and guest rooms
If you own a holiday apartment or guest rooms you would like to have classified, you should proceed as follows:
- Find the classification offices in your region on the current list. If there is no suitable classification office, send us an e-mail and we will help you.
- Contact the classification office.
- If you would like to professionally rent, find out whether the classification office works with a booking system. If it does not, you can register your property with a provider.
- Representatives of the classification office will register your property according to the questionnaire.
- The minimal requirements, the must criteria and the minimal points must be met.
- The classification office will put the property data online in the classification system.
- Via the system the classification result will be established and your property will be classified (categories * to ***** or * to *****-superior.
- The Swiss Tourism Federation will issue the certificate.
- The apartment can be controlled by a trained inspector within the period 2013–2017 as specified in the regulations for random inspections.
The classification is valid for five years: 2013–2017.
The classification offices accept applications anytime. The duration of the classification depends on the classification offices and normally takes between 2 and 4 weeks.